CCU 0.00% 5.8¢ cobar consolidated resources limited

share price if ccu quadruple reserve to 53moz?

1. 1,743 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 106
    just read thru the ccu pres as listed on asx on 7/12.

one slide really caught my eye. check out slide 13 (that's page 14 of pdf) re reserve upside potential.

current jorc silver reserve is 13Moz. (not sure why they quote a "probable" ore reserve of 14Moz on this slide?). anyway, the key point is they refer to a potential RESERVE UPSIDE of 40Moz (i.e. potential is 53M oz total reserve.)

this is a potential QUADRUPLING of the current ccu silver ore reserve. this could extend the mine life from 5 to 20 years at current planned production rates or, allow a greater investment in processing cap equip for greater annual production, or both!

some back of the envelope bush-accounting figures:

at current silver price of $30/oz, conservative total cost of $10/oz and current planned annual production of 2.6M oz/yr => $20 x 2.6M oz = EBIT of $52M per annum. (over a 20 year operation the current planned plant capex of $30M is a mere $1.5M per annum.) this implies earnings before tax of $50M per annum. applying a P/E ratio of 10 => $500M market cap! (note: not sure if P/E ratio is applied to before-tax or after-tax earnings?)

based on before-tax earnings: 145M shares (fully diluted) => share price of $3.45 (500/145). food for thought?

pls note that i'm am engineer not an accountant so feel free to correct my calulations ...

k

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.