BBI 0.00% $3.98 babcock & brown infrastructure group

share price in 2012

1. Dis
    3,746 Posts.
    For people getting to BBI as a LT Buy, I'm curious what you think the SP will be in 4-5 yrs from now.

Based on my back of the envelope numbers:

Net Assets = 2.9B
    (Source: Oct 2008 Investor Pack. I realise that there has been a sale since then but that has not grossly changed the Net Assets).

Shares on issue 2.7B

Provsions
    They need about 1.0B to pay out BEPPA at 2012. I dont believe that has been accounted for in the Net Assets

Net Income 0.3B pa
    (Assuming no asset sales)

So they need pretty much all their income over the next 4 yrs to make provisions for BEPPA.

Selling assets at best wont affect the Net Asset value much, just improve their gearing. I cant see them making sales above current book value.

To me, that means that at best the shares are worth about $1.00 - $1.10 per share. Alot of people seem to be using best case scenario numbers as the basis of buying BBI. Or even "better than best" case scenario - eg target price of $1.00 within 12 months with the implication that the uptrend will continue...........

Comments?

Btw I bought BEPPA because I dont think the blue sky potential of BBI is as good as some people are making out.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BBI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.