BIT 2.94% 3.3¢ biotron limited

The share price scenario might be a lot simpler than it may...

1. 3,636 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 545
    The share price scenario might be a lot simpler than it may appear.

Obviosuly there are loads of options due to be exercised soon and a significant portion of these appear to be held by people who didn't plan on coughing up the cash to exercise all of them. These options are flooding the market in what is otherwise normally a semi-illiquid stock.

Its traditionally been very difficulty to buy BIT heads in decent quantities but this flood of options provides a cheap backdoor to good sized BIT holdings. This backdoor has removed any real upward presure on price while said door is open. The excellent news has been counterbalanced by excess stock during that very same period.

The backdoor won't be open much longer, ie 1 week or so, and the share price is holding up better than many thought given the circumstances leading up to option expiry date. I believe some option holders will stretch themselves to convert as many as they can and given the strong belief of most that have discovered and invested in Biotron, I believe more of these converted options will remain tightly held than most fear.

This liquidity on the sell side is likely to evapourate very soon. The backdoor will be closed and anybody wanting a position in BIT will only have the heads to look at. This should be price supportive.

If the majority of options are converted then any real risk of CRs prior to partnering should be doused thus removing other percieved opportunities for cheap backdoor entries.

By late Jan BIT will be standing on its own two feet with the market starting to value it without the overhang. By March the HIV trial completion should bring unprecidented attention to the company. If partnering offers aren't forthcoming by then or shortly thereafter I'd very very surprised.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.3¢
Change
-0.001(2.94%)
Mkt cap ! $29.77M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.4¢ 3.5¢ 3.3¢ $8.412K 247.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 139827 3.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.5¢ 76443 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.43pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BIT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.