SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Share price post 31st August, page-95

1. 93 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 48
    I don't think that's too flawed (or at least we've got similarly flawed thinking). If you look at the 2016 FY Update announcement on 17/12/2015:

Group Managing Director Andrew Grech said, “We have previously advised the market that the performance of our UK operations during the first half has not been in line with our expectations. It is now clear to us that the slower rate of case resolutions in the first half has had a larger impact than previously thought, and that this may well flow through to a reduced profit for the full year. For this reason we have withdrawn our full year guidance and we are conducting a review of our forecasting methods so that we can provide the market with greater clarity moving forward.”
    “While the first half as a whole has been difficult, the performance of the UK business has been improving during the course of the last few months and is expected to contribute positively to cash flow in December and during the remainder of the financial year. The trajectory of the UK business provides confidence that we will trade through this period to be in a stronger position by the end of this financial year.”

I think (hope) we may be in for a little surprise come the release of results (plenty of challenges still to come with the debt being so high though). There has been no announcements (that I'm aware of at least) to contradict that statement and suggest that the UK business is still burning cash (add that to no announcement about cash running out). I'm not expecting too much from the results, but a man can still hope for the best. Cash flow for the whole 2nd half of the year should be positive.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.