ARG 0.00% $8.89 argo investments limited

Share price rebound, page-25

1. 1,641 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 202
    I think ARG and AFI will definitely "get you there" considering your time frame is so long and they are the all time classic "slow and steady wins the race" companies.

Having said that considering your age I would certainly take a look at some other conservative investment options as both AFI and ARG hold very similar portfolios (I've held AFI since 2007 and their top shareholdings have always been the big 4 banks and 2 big miners with CSL now playing a big part for both as they've rocketed in recent times). You could definitely looking at building smaller shareholdings in more "growth" oriented LIC's and your overall portfolio would still be very safe and conservative.

I mentioned a couple of the WAM lic's already but they actually have 6 currently on the market all with different objectives and portfolios. I rate these guys very highly as there out performance record over 15 years have been exceptional. One thing you do need to take into account with these guys though is their management fees are quite a bit higher. While I am complaining about ARG and AFI under performing they also charge a very low base fee (I think they are both at 0.16 of total portfolio holdings) and no performance fee whereas WAM charge around 1-1.15 percent of the portfolio and also get 20 percent of any out performance above the market (which they consistently seem to be able to do across all of their funds),

If you look into it a little more you will actually find that quite a few of the LIC's are managed by the same people. For instance AFIC run both Mirrabooka and Djeiwarrah while the same family than control's SOL manages both BKI and Milton. Even ARG recently launched a global infrastructure LIC (AGLI) but that one has been very ordinary and currently trading at a big discount to NTA so I would stay away from that one!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$8.89
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.792B
Open High Low Value Volume
$8.87 $8.89 $8.85 $1.740M 196.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 11804 $8.86

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$8.89 19264 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ARG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.