BPT 1.20% $1.27 beach energy limited

share price response, page-6

1. 2,641 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 150
    Byestander.The deeper you go the hotter it gets. Its an exact science, you have tables that give the temperature gradient, degrees/metre. Add to that the pressure of the gas in the beds. The higher the pressure the higher the temperature. This heat is collected by the drilling and completion fluids flowing back to the surface. The surface equipment cannot tolerate these high temperatures, and has to dispose of the fluids at a controlled rate.
    The opposite of this is the cooling effect you get if you expand gas through a choke, called the Joule Thomson effect. The causes ultra cooling and freezing in surface equipment. The choke size has to be increased to prevent that happening, and also to provide a commercial rate flow that can be measured.
    What I find interesting, is, this scenario has not been reported on the other shale well tests. Tells me that the gas in this area of the shale bed is at a much higher temperature. High temperature = high pressure = more gas at surface conditions.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BPT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.