EVN 1.62% $3.77 evolution mining limited

Share price set to rise ANN, page-32

1. 31 Posts.
    devilcnc, you remind me of my newb-jittery-hand-wringing-bullet-sweating self of just a year or so ago If I may be so presumptuous, I would like to add my 'P Plate newb' thoughts to the swathe of generous advice you've already received from the helpful folks on this thread.

The most simple and succinct (and most brilliant) piece of advice you could take is sitting there right in OceanView's by-line: "Don't just do something; sit there!"

It is a very clever and far more memorable paraphrasing of Jesse Livermore's maxim of "The most money you'll ever make is simply by doing nothing."

Last year I sold out of EVN at $1.14 because, in my newly (newby) formed 'expert' opinion, I thought it looked 'toppy'. Yes, I can smile now; albeit through clenched teeth.

Today, the tattoo on my forehead - !GNIHTON OD - serves as a literal wake up call each day when I stumble in to the bathroom to brush my teeth and ponder over what the coming day will bring.

Yes, there'll be days when you're in foetal position, wondering how the fates, The Fed, the Fulltard talking heads on the trading shows, the universe, various ETFs, the bullion banks with their merciless COT shorts, etc etc etc, could be so cruel. You'll start to question yourself, your sanity, and your position. But just like drunk texting an ex, the golden rule is: no matter how right and rational it may feel at the time, DO NOT TOUCH ANY BUTTONS! Particularly when it comes to EVN. Follow this rule, and you'll wake up the next morning with your dignity and your portfolio in tact.

I have had the benefit over the last year of being able to directly compare my personal trading account with my DIY Super trading account (which you're not allowed to day trade). Despite thinking I could pick bottoms and tops and trends and which way the wind was blowing, the net result was that my super account was up 30% on my personal trading account i.e. doing nothing far outperformed doing something.

If you feel an overriding compulsion to sell EVN coming on, get a tent from BCF and drive somewhere 'out of range' for a few days. Or get a tattoo like mine.

The advice about not taking too much advice is also grand advice. Exceptions to this rule are the good folks on this thread who have already taken the time to help (especially Zeeshan - he/she, whoever they are, is a very clever bugger) and Tony Locantro from Argonaut (he appears on the FOX Business shows one or two nights a month). I recorded an episode in December 2014 where he recommended EVN at 45c and RMS at 11c - both calls would have made you 500%+ and 400%, respectively - if you'd done nothing.

You see the theme developing here. Time is your friend; the very, and only, agency by which your and my madcap investment schemes will come to fruition (we're only here because we're not 'all there').

From a technical perspective, you could try reading Avi Gilburt at gold-eagle.com, and for pure entertainment value alone, read everything my Mark Mead Baillie on the same site. Both of these guys are getting close to confirming that the lows were indeed in December, and that the new gold bull has, in fact, begun. Avi's article this very day is juicily titled 'On the cusp of a major breakout'. Get ye reading.

Finally, there is one instance when it will be appropriate to sell EVN: when you get the EVN stock tip from a shoe-shine boy dressed circa 1929, or when a banana seller in Shanghai advises you the same. By my reckoning, that should be around June 2020.

Best of luck. Remember to have a laugh. A quality two-man tent from BCF will get you change from a fifty.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.77
Change
0.060(1.62%)
Mkt cap ! $7.486B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.78 $3.79 $3.74 $25.17M 6.686M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4991 $3.77

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.78 42978 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.