KCN 3.76% $1.38 kingsgate consolidated limited.

share price slowly recovering

1. 30,133 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    who know, it may be nothing more than blind faith, but kcn have recovered most of their losses, after the news about the hold up of the exploration licenses.

how disappointing it is that the granting of the chatree north mining leases, just keeps in dragging along, without the grant of the chatree north mining leases, the mine will need to be closed down , sometime this year. watso was under the impression, that all the necessary approvals were in place, and all it needed was for the leases to be granted

maybe there is some scope for an underground operation on the present leases, but it does not appear that the company has made a move in this direction.

talk about frustrating, when one sees the gold price soaring, and a shareholder knows, that the company could immediately ramp up production, which unhedged, would pull in $20m per quarter at present gold prices.

the reality is, is that the present price, is not a bad price to bail out at. it sure is tempting, but the other side of the coin is, is that if common sense prevails, and the chatree north leases are granted, then this stock will go through the roof

thailand bent over backwards to get the mine going, throwing in tax free periods, then a limited tax free period - but now have increased the royalty, which at present prices, would amount to about US$50 per oz, which on top of other taxes (eg taxes paid by the workforce - and watso presumes that there is an income tax system) - and keep in mind, that in the fullness of time, the kcn will be paying full tax on profits.

despite being a good corporate citizen, and being rated as amongst the best - and what more could a country want from a mining company - it seems that barriers are being put in place

an operating chatree mine, gives everybody a piece of the pie - the company and its shareholders, the 99% thai workforce, and the government. the worry for watso is that a operating chatree mine, without kcn, will still provide those benefits, but not to kcn and its shareholders

just wait and see

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KCN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.