ARB 0.39% $38.11 arb corporation limited.

For the fun of it, I'll take a guess as to what might be driving...

1. 458 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 105
    For the fun of it, I'll take a guess as to what might be driving the buying.

At first it seemed ARB might be one of the stocks perceived to benefit from the impact of a lower AUD, with its export sales growing faster than OEM and Australian aftermarket.

However the recent escalations in trade sanctions involving the US has me wondering if this is the perceived tailwind to ARB earnings. The argument might be that local US manufacturers having to pay more for raw materials (steel and aluminium) are at a comparative cost disadvantage to manufacturers outside the US. For those not in the US, they may reap the benefit of more supply of steel and aluminium in their region leading to lower prices. For example more Canadian or Mexican steel might end up in Asia!

However, while I note that there are 4WD accessories such as "bumpers" manufactured in Texas and Oaklohoma, it appears that big players in the market source products outside of the US, certainly Polaris owned Transamerica Auto Parts (TAP) makes no claims to be American made. So probably there is no great tailwind for ARB, who can say.

Of more concern with the share price rattling up so much is how to rebalance the portfolio allocation without having to pay too much tax. The type of problem that's welcome!
    Last edited by neoteric: 22/06/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$38.11
Change
-0.150(0.39%)
Mkt cap ! $3.140B
Open High Low Value Volume
$38.12 $38.50 $38.03 $4.255M 111.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 156 $38.10

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$38.11 116 14
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.25pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ARB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.