CXY 0.00% 0.3¢ cougar energy limited

share price theories

1. 283 Posts.
    Has been sometime since I last posted (pre Cougar PCE days to be honest) but thought i'd weigh in based on the current discussion re share price.

Whilst I respect the opinions of those thinking a continued slide till post 31 December is likely (and accept we cannot predict the impact of external factors), I think differently. To me the company has every incentive to improve the share price pre 31 Dec and will strive to do so for the following reasons:

- funding: DI has yet to confirm funding, and whilst it is expected the terms are yet to be agreed. Cash is king in the current market and it would be unwise not to maximise opportunities.

- timing: Dr Len advised at the AGM that the timing of major investment decisions for 2009 would be considered in light of the option conversion. Strong statement and I suggest one not to be taken lightly.

- investor confidence: many investors will be holding options bought above 12 cents, some unfortunately may have averaged down and would be hurting more. Despite belief the sp will be '*20' in 12 months, it will mean little to those who lost big and the company should be motivated not to lose their support.

I'm not saying the share price will rise, just a different angle on the company having the incentive to assist it. My hunch is a number of announcements in the coming weeks, whether this works or not is another matter. Regardless i'm in for the long haul, would just like to give the company some money rather than buy under 5 cents!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.