CXY 0.00% 0.3¢ cougar energy limited

I have been watching this for some time and refrained from...

1. 1,944 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 64
    I have been watching this for some time and refrained from entering, but I've placed an order at the bottom of the list on a pure speculation bet, even then I think it may be iffy, but there you go.

From my point of view, speculatively speaking, CXY needs to win that Court Case, not only from a monetary point of view but from a 'perception' point of view about the viability (including environmental safety) of their product or production methods if you will.

If they settle in arbitration 'without prejudice' or 'without any admissions' from the QLD Gov, I don't see it as definitive.

I'm not arguing or suggesting the facts of the matter, just at the end of the day IMO, CXY need a clean bill of health to hold up to the World for their processes. Otherwise there are companies like LNC (which I hold), that presently have that (and they still haven't got a commercial deal off the ground yet).

Even if they (CXY) win, I think it a possibility that sooner or later they will need a CR, speculatively, on the back of the first good news. As I've previously said, this may involve a revaluation of share price along with a proportionate drop in total share issue, then a SPP issue on top of that, diluting investor share percentages for those that don't cough up more. I've actually been there done that with a speculative gold share I had a couple of decades ago. I lost track of it after they changed their name a few times and literally sent me a couple of dollars for my untradeable holding.

One may ask, if I feel this way, why bother coming in at all?

My reason is that if I come in at the bottom of the pile and it doesn't go belly up, then any future CR and revaluation may still leave me holding something of some value, in a reasonable percentage give or take position from my entry.

I believe UCG may have a future, I also believe that should UCG get a start commercially and prove itself, then other UCG innovators may get a look in, especially ones that have had a trial setup and can say definitively they "didn't" have an adverse affect environmentally.

Even though I've placed an order I am holding no sentiment at this time.

Sorry I got long winded, I hope everyone has a Merry Xmas.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.