NUH 0.00% 8.1¢ nuheara limited

Wayne, Its called the 'swinging d#ck' syndrome. Once certain...

1. 1,627 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26
    Wayne,

Its called the 'swinging d#ck' syndrome. Once certain people make a decision they must let the world know why they have done so and why their move was justified. You get this for both the buy and sell side. Then you have those that see themselves as "big-shots" so the world has to hear their words of wisdom...even if opening their mouths mean going against their economic interest.

On the Bluetooth issue, I suggest people try and speak to Justin Miller directly on it and see what he has to say. Write down what he says (or even tape the conversation). All I can say on this issue is that while there has been returns of the iQBuds however the percentage is in the very low single digit and Bluetooth while the company has received 'complaints' they actually work with the client to resolve the matter. I did buy an iQBud (and being a tech dinosaur I found trying to figure out the thing quite daunting) and called the company and had a person spend approximately 30 minutes and now I have it working with my latest iphone.

As a "business" its pretty clear that Justin has said over and over again that he is trying to build a retail presence. His goal was to have the iQBud in approximately 2,000 Bricks and Mortar in the next 6 months. The iQBud is a new product which does not have a brand name such as Apple/Samsung. Nuheara has to build a brand name which means getting into as many bricks and mortar stores of recognition. Brookstone, Best Buys, Dickson etc... are the initial channels. I take another brand that does earphones called Dr Dre which was taken over by Apple in 2014, now when Dr Dre releases something new it goes into approximately 70,000 bricks and mortar stores worldwide. This is why they sell like 60 million units per year. Dr Dre sells about 65% in stores and 35% on internet based, this means per bricks and mortar store on average sells 1.52units of Dr Dre per day (Of course there are flagship stores and certain stores in certain location that perform better than others).

Now I believe about 2 or 2.5 months ago Nuheara announced that they were expanding into 200 Best Buys and Brookstone Brick and Mortar stores. People who actually know the retail business would tell you that this process would take 60 days if not 90 days to accomplish. If you don't believe me go to your JB Hi Fi, Bing Lee, Good Guys, Harvey Norman store and go to the electronics section, try and speak to a manager and ask them "if there was a new brand of tv, stereo or whatever you can think of and you want to have the product distributed by the company Australia wide, how long does it take to get the product to on the shelves of all the stores?". Let the store manager talk about the inventory handling, logistics, training and infrastructure that needs to be in place. Not all the store managers will want to talk about this but try it with 10 retail stores that you consider as being "top tier" and I am sure a few will talk about it. When Nuheara announced that they were expanding Best Buys, Brookstone etc. I give them 60-90 days until the iQBuds are in these stores. Lets take the middle point and say 75 days. If you are one of those people that thinks 'Five ASX trading days is a long time" ... guess what ... you have not done your research, or your research is based on BS.

This would explain why the September Quarterly is not going to reflect the "phenomenal sales of millions of units". If only making an iQBud was as easy as typing the word "make iQBud" on a magical computer and press enter.... you know like pressing a buy/sell button for shares.

Here is also an interesting fact (and I ask people to follow up for themselves). I called the Best Buy Store in Mountain View in California (their contact details on google) and another store in Manhattan, New York City and asked them about the Doppler earbud. I was told that they don't stock these anymore because of "ongoing issues". They don't know if they will restock them at a later date and cannot give me a fixed date if it is to be restocked. Is this signs of trouble for Doppler? I suggest everyone does their own research and make up their own mind. After all I am just another anonymous Hotcopper poster.

There is one issue I wanted to ask Justin Miller, and will try and call him at the office in the coming days is 'why not the Asian market yet?'. Is it because Asians being smaller in physical size would have smaller ear canals hence we may need a smaller earbud. Since its a wireless earbud this means you have to fit everything into a small piece and for a smaller earbud you have even less space to fit in all the gadget stuff. I know Asian size clothing is very different to that of Australian/Americans (fat people) and even different to European so maybe their ear canals are different as well. Maybe a "Western Kinds" version of the iQBud will also be the one to target the Asian market.

As for Conner and RBC Nominee...just dump the remaining shares. I did take a portion of Conner's 6.3c sell (I think it was a 3.8m order) however I sold that parcel back at 6.3c when the shares did not break 6.6c. Still have my parcels from 5.8 and 5.9. Would not mind getting a few more before these guys are out.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NUH (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.