LYC 1.14% $6.22 lynas rare earths limited

Share Price, page-135

1. 7,475 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 503
    I have been quite. The price rise has been shocking and makes me wrong on several accounts. I do not understand what is going on and I will admit it. Two what I thought were good positives at the beginning of week. C&L site announced and a new 5% holder. I was surprised how little the stock rose with those. then in two days a 34 cent rise with almost 20 M shares. That is mind blowing. That is a rise of 240 M in market cap.
    It now looks like I was wrong and the US may fund some or all of Blue line. Lynas made a announcement that they have not even applied for this. From memory Blue line was going to cost 30 Million even if we round that up to 50M Blue line will be a joint venture so we do not even know how much of that will show up on Lynas's bottom line. If half do how does a 25M grant justify a 240M jump in market cap. The only other thing that happened at this time is US Fed left interest rates unchanged. they were clear that they saw no change in US economy outlook just chose to take a more "dovish" approach If this was cause would not many other stocks have risen? Last thing is I do not think even company understands it. I am sure they were asked by ASX what was going on. The response to that was a short trading halt and an announcement they had not even applied for a US grant.
    We will not know what shorts did during this period for 4 more days. But shorts were down to 2% of total shares before this occurred. Possible that shorts dropped to 1%, that take 5 M Shares out of market. % M shares bought to cover. Which would explain rise. 5 M in two days would explain many things but It would be a drastic move by shorters. It also says rise will fall back after short buy to cover is over. Shorters can have dramatic impact over short periods of time but long term their impact always nets out to Zero.

Ps the reason I have not posted much were actually two fold. The first is I have to go to Seattle Washington tomorrow. And even if things go as planned will not be home till the 23 rd. Many things could happen to make this take longer. So have been running around like crazy for last 3 days.
    Second though I am happy for this rise it just makes no sense to me right now. Unexpected rises happen all the time. there has been two this year. Wess offer. XI threats to use REO in trade war. This rise is bigger both is total rise and volume than either of those with no clear indication why. No idea why and no reason to post till I figure it out.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.22
Change
0.070(1.14%)
Mkt cap ! $5.813B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.21 $6.22 $6.07 $13.54M 2.193M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 12000 $6.20

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.22 12273 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.