ALK 2.73% 53.5¢ alkane resources limited

Share Price, page-1226

1. 7,764 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1457
    I don't will be fair to quote Nic but in general their view was that south is the way to go with Boda.

Look, if you ask 10 Geos on how to proceed with a particular project you will end up with probably 7 different approaches. They all will interpret chemistry and orientation differently. This is why so many companies sold particular mines thinking there wasn't much left and then the new owner ends up discovering massive deposit that gives that mine another 10-20 years of life.

My view is Ian and the team at the Tasmanian Uni (I think they collaborate on this project as part of a larger study) must have seen something in the holes that guided them to the south.
    I am not a geo so I use more simple approach in how I interpret this orebody. AT times this method proves to be right and at times it does not. But I think Ian and friends started to split hairs and missed the forest for the trees. It seems that way but we need few more drill results to confirm if I am right.

So I guided myself by narrowing down where the higher grade shoots were popping up and if there was consistency with follow up drills. If a drill missed the higher grades then I would look why. The area between 007 and 016 is consistently showing higher grades to the eastern side and I thought it would be logical to test this area first once they hit the really high grades with 007. Also, rest of the holes that hit the breccia are all north of 007 (except for 012). Perhaps 012 might have pushed them south? Can only speculate. The way I understand how this works is once fluids start escaping the porphyry intrusion (very often by breaking the roof of the chamber in a way of creating a breccia pipe) they will carry higher grades and as they start depositing these minerals and migrate further away from the source they will have less minerals to deposit - in our case Au/Cu/Mo. These fluids may have also carried Zn/PB/Ag and other minerals but those probably got deposited much further away as such minerals probably require different conditions (temperatures, pressure, rock chemistry, etc) to come out of solution.

So investigating those high grade shoots is making lot of sense to me if I am trying to find the source of this mineralisation. What really puzzled me and on this point I am really really scratching my head is ALK stated that their view is this breccia strikes north/west and plunges east/north. So why did not test the north/west strike but only tested the south/east. Basically they should have tested both sides of 031. That is, to me at least, the person making decisions where to drill is simply not making sensible calls and if they continue like this then it will take few years to prove proper deposit.

Could be just me but when I compare how aggressive BGL and CEL are with their drilling, ALK looks like a rookie trying their first hole.. lol And to remember CEL and BGL depend on investors funding while ALK have their own gold mine to fund these activities. Yes, cash reserves would have been $10m lower and yes, we would have end up with few nothing burgers holes, but at same time we would have been few light years ahead with understanding what we have on our hands.

I noticed same around Boda 2. There are few holes that produced interesting intercepts but are we following up on them or drill away from them?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
53.5¢
Change
-0.015(2.73%)
Mkt cap ! $322.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
55.0¢ 56.0¢ 53.5¢ $719.5K 1.314M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 97843 53.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
55.0¢ 85410 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ALK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.