ALK 2.87% 44.8¢ alkane resources limited

Share Price, page-260

1. 2,334 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 721
    “$900 was about right for a TV upgrade. So the money went to the top 0.1% like Gerry Hardly Normal. Geez he's a whinging ba$td.”
    Aw don’t start me Paddy!!! Gerry Harvey was my late uncles cousin and the facial features were an uncanny likeness. I can not ever recall him visiting his many relatives around Apsley where all that side of the family had/have farms still. I am not directly related as it was uncle by marriage. I would probably be giving my identity away by giving detail, but too bad. I am drafting this in word as the keyboard on the laptop can be a bit dodgy. This is a true story and I often look back on it and some people don’t believe me, I can assure you it is true (no-one else could know the facts). I was working under the Gargoyles at Broadway (circa ’83) and Bondy had cashflow problems so he bought Waltons, which was an error as the Waltons card didn’t do what he needed to bail him out. So he had a crack at Norman Ross. Sadly B.A. had just passed on so M. Grace gazumped Bondy and bought Norman Ross for 19 mill. For about two weeks the proverbial hit the fan, we didn’t know if we would all be out in the street as Bondy said if you don’t sell me NR I will buy you. That created a stockmarket boilover and a flurry of white knights from Indonesia to bail us out? and Myer moved in and the whole world changed in retail overnight. At the time the Lureman had been recruited from the bush after a few bush rep games in front of a state selector after a few decent digs and 3 Sydney Grade cricket clubs showed interest in the skinny fit bush kid so he signed up with one in the big smoke so the funds manager up the hall knew one was fit and fast. I got a call from the funds manager who’s name I do recall but will refrain “Get up here now”. He said – take this (a little Westpac cheque form) do not use the lift (an old regular breakdown glass and timber unit) run over to the bank (ANZ), don’t use the lights, run across the road and the bank manager will be waiting for you on the steps. So I leapt down a few flights of stairs at full pace as instructed, ran thru the menswear dept (and glanced at the cheque), shot out the front and the traffic from Parramatta Road and King Street Newtown was in light change mode, shot diagonally across 4 lanes, dodged a few cars and a suit waiting at the door took it, said nothing and went inside – I assume to do an immediate funds clearance.
    When I glanced at the cheque for the second or so I had free zooming through the GB’s menswear department it had one signature. Alan Bond - in plain legible writing. The company name was – Bond Corp. The amount $18,000,000.00.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.