ALK 1.77% 55.5¢ alkane resources limited

The market always has it's usual pre 30 June crash and then...

1. 2,334 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 721
    The market always has it's usual pre 30 June crash and then recovers somewhat in July. The economic factors in all spheres are probably more complicated and volatile now than at any other time in history.
    Predicting markets, gold prices and the like in the current climate is like picking the first four in the Melbourne Cup and every other Flemington winner on the day. Virtually a statistical impossibility !!!!!!!

On another note, I got some really interesting local information some weeks ago about the old Commonwealth mine at Bodangora that to me "may" unlock some of the type of deposits here - maybe, maybe not???? The old Commonwealth shaft is 1 KM deep, has eleven levels (mainly where shafts shoot off following a vein). It is currently 400 metres deep, the remaining 600 metres is water. When BHP had it the miners went on strike for several weeks for more pay, in the interim, the water flowed in and the base of the mine flooded. BHP allowed the workers to return and could have their pay adjustments on the condition they could drain the water they let in to re-commence mining activities. It was too late, the workers could not get the water out so the mine was then abandoned. Mind you that was over a hundred years ago, would be pumped out now with relative ease. There were shaft ponies used to shift the rock. Some were born down there, some are still buried down there. The gold was extracted using a (still there I am told) oval "trough" where a pit pony dragged a large wheel through the trough and it crushed all the rock. From there the Chinese workers would extract the gold - by hand, picking the nuggets and pieces from the crushed host ironstone rock. The finer particles would be later panned.
    The deposit was initially found at surface and was a roughly one metre wide crevice or fracture on a fault line, I think it went down from surface at around 45 degrees. The fissure was followed downwards and the overbear and the gold extracted as it was followed and mined over the years and they simply just followed the gold deposit. Question : was this a Breccia Pipe at surface?????

I have followed on here some commentary about the Breccia Pipe ALK are currently drilling into and have noted the question has been raised from time to time on this thread that there is not a core but veins??? I might be presenting my chin here for some savage responses !!! I will accept the brickbats, just a thought on the history of the area currently being drilled by all and sundry. Mind you, the old Commonwealth was for many years the richest continually mined deposit in NSW circa 1905. It is interesting to listen to those who live there and know the history, I don't know if those snippets of info gleaned recently help or hinder but I would love a first hand look around the old Commonwealth. Private property, but is accessible using the right introduction, I look forward to the opportunity of having a look at it myself soon, if possible.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
55.5¢
Change
-0.010(1.77%)
Mkt cap ! $334.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
56.5¢ 57.0¢ 55.0¢ $484.0K 869.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 54474 55.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
55.5¢ 13090 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
55.0¢
  Change
-0.010 ( 3.51 %)
Open High Low Volume
57.0¢ 57.0¢ 55.0¢ 139409
Last updated 15.59pm 30/05/2024 ?
ALK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.