SLX 0.00% $3.54 silex systems limited

If Cameco was accumulating shares in Silex they haven't appeared...

1. 1,129 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 364
    If Cameco was accumulating shares in Silex they haven't appeared in the top 20 shares holders as of the August 2023 Annual Report. I don't see why they would buy into Silex when they own 49%shares + 25% options in the company licensed to use the technology GLE, it doesn't make sense. They don't need to own Caterpillar when they can buy the machinery for their mines. Owning GLE does make sense and I believe they are waiting for more derisking of the LIS before they take up their options, perhaps after TRL6 is achieved. From memory, I think that achievement level is the trigger for the clock to start ticking on their option which I think is 30 months. The management of Cameco are very smart and are prepared to pay more for their options by waiting for TRL6, less risk, and a moment of serious price correction.

I also think Silex share price is going through the same market churn as every other company in the Uranium sector. A lot of people still don't fully comprehend this industry. One journalists reported that the price of Boss Energy dropped 10% yesterday because Cameco said they were increasing their production. Cameco on their own will not fill the huge supply gap that is increasing every year for the next 10 years. The industry needs multiple Cameco's and more the fill the short fall. The writer also doesn't understsnd it is going to take years for Cameco to ramp up it's production. I believe the spot price of uranium will continue to rise simply because there isn't nearly enough.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.54
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $839.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 110 $3.71

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.37 313 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 09.50am 09/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.