NEU 2.13% $15.60 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

Share Price, page-11240

1. 110 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 131
    "who would not take between $60 and $100 before a phase 3 trial placebo-controlled trial?" That was your estimate of value back then. I agree with you that Neuren should be worth something like that, which is why I didn't sell at $25. But the market doesn't seem to agree with either of us.
    As I pointed out previously, the usual premium on post-phase 2 acquisitions of biotechs is between 50-100% of the share price at the time of the takeover offer. If that applied here, then the figure of $25 that Little T gave as a potential lowball offer (not one which he said he would accept) is not unrealistic. Ditto with Perrier, who said they would take $25 if the management board recommended it. I think that would apply to most shareholders, whether they liked it or not.
    But neither of those comments should be taken to mean that they would be happy with $25, nor that they would expect the management board to accept such a figure, and nor should mine when I queried your characterisation of the $25 figure as bonkers. I do feel, however, that some of the expectations that have been expressed on this forum about a suitable takeover price have been wildly optimistic. I don't see that questioning these and trying to inject a dose of reality into the debate is necessarily a bad thing, nor is it an attempt to talk down the value of the company.
    There are many like me who have been loyal supporters of this company for close to two decades and who are wondering where it is all leading. They and I should be able to express their opinions without being shouted down as being "bonkers", and having arrogant, first-world problems.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$15.60
Change
-0.340(2.13%)
Mkt cap ! $1.993B
Open High Low Value Volume
$16.25 $16.32 $15.55 $9.440M 595.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 3197 $15.60

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$15.68 1852 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NEU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.