NEU 1.98% $13.38 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

mate I completely agree in regards to the sentiment that NEU is...

1. 899 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 402
    mate I completely agree in regards to the sentiment that NEU is intrinsically worth much more than it is right now. No question about it. I almost have no doubt that 2591 will end up being approved for one if not multiple indications. But at the same time, I also believe there will be people selling this stock due to an overreaction to the Acadia figures. I admit that I am playing with fire in the sense I could be caught with my pants down and not holding when an acquisition offer comes in. But I personally believe that between now and when that offer comes in, that I can get in for a substantially cheaper price than what I sold my position for. I could be dead wrong though, but I’m willing to run that risk. in the instance that Jon and the board want that $10bn+ acquisition, I think they’ll need to kick a lot more goals to get that. It’s very rare for a company to be acquired for a 500%+ premium. to achieve that price, I don’t think it’s unreasonable for big pharma to want phase 3 data for at least one indication, and that would be years away. What could happen though, is a back ended acquisition with payments contingent on hitting said goals. This isn’t uncommon at all and could truly be what happens to NEU. For example $3bn upfront (I’m just pulling arbitrary numbers), then say $1bn for a successful phase 3 in each of the indications, followed by another $1bn for each approval. I think this is the most likely situation if an acquisition does happen in the short term, as this transfers a lot of risk back to NEU and the shareholders only get paid if 2591 proves to be successful, rather than the payout occurring entirely on the hope it is successful.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$13.38
Change
-0.270(1.98%)
Mkt cap ! $1.710B
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.68 $13.68 $13.11 $4.283M 320.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 25 $13.34

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$13.40 3328 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NEU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.