NEU 1.52% $12.94 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

Share Price, page-11776

1. 5,971 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 18553
    Baldwidx

My main reason for posting this was because we cannot keep stating as fact that Neuren engaged Jefferies either as a defence advisor or an adviser for finding a suitable buyer.

Firstly, Neuren has never confirmed that Jefferies was engaged (nor did they deny it).

Secondly, while The Australian reported on 17/11/24 that an advisory firm had recently been engaged by Neuren in response to “buyer interest from US-based industry giants”, Neuren flatly denied that their appointment of an advisory firm was in response to any approaches from third parties.

Thirdly, while the report of a “defense adviser” being appointed is suggestive of an imminent hostile takeover threat, Neuren said it had simply appointed a “corporate and strategic adviser” several months before as a “normal step in Neuren’s ongoing growth and development”.

What’s the truth? - I think one has to to accept that what Neuren has said in its announcement to the market is correct.

However, I do note that Neuren’s advice on when the adviser was appointed suggests it happened around August 2023, shortly after the updated licence agreement with Acadia (including ROW rights) was announced, and I do wonder if that’s just coincidental timing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.