NEU 1.52% $12.94 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

Baldwidx My main reason for posting this was because we cannot...

1. 5,971 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 18553
    Baldwidx

My main reason for posting this was because we cannot keep stating as fact that Neuren engaged Jefferies either as a defence advisor or an adviser for finding a suitable buyer.

Firstly, Neuren has never confirmed that Jefferies was engaged (nor did they deny it).

Secondly, while The Australian reported on 17/11/24 that an advisory firm had recently been engaged by Neuren in response to “buyer interest from US-based industry giants”, Neuren flatly denied that their appointment of an advisory firm was in response to any approaches from third parties.

Thirdly, while the report of a “defense adviser” being appointed is suggestive of an imminent hostile takeover threat, Neuren said it had simply appointed a “corporate and strategic adviser” several months before as a “normal step in Neuren’s ongoing growth and development”.

What’s the truth? - I think one has to to accept that what Neuren has said in its announcement to the market is correct.

However, I do note that Neuren’s advice on when the adviser was appointed suggests it happened around August 2023, shortly after the updated licence agreement with Acadia (including ROW rights) was announced, and I do wonder if that’s just coincidental timing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.