NEU 3.50% $14.05 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

Share Price, page-12129

1. 2,460 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 842
    Well you clearly have no idea about me but that aside, yes mate, most companies should have STIs and LTIs aligned with shareholder interests (i.e. revenue and/or shareprice) and should act accordingly. But this should be done by growing the actual intrinsic value such that the shareprice follows, and/or in certain circumstances, where there is 'spare' capital, employing buybacks or dividends to return capital to shareholders and take advantage of circumstances where the intrinsic value is not reflected in the shareprice.

The problem is, according to the 'stellar job so far' board we have, we don't currently have spare capital. It is earmarked for Ph3 trials of unknown cost. And I would personally be surprised, even with a positive post Ph2 FDA meeting, that this would change given the risk of cost blowouts, FX risk, etc that would impact the stated plan of management in guiding 2591 through at least 2 Ph3's as quickly as they can, which in my view would be value accretive and reflected in the SP far beyond what any buyback would do. Given the market would be aware that a buyback now may impact NEU ability stated goal to deliver 2 Ph3's as quickly as it can, I imagine they would take a cynical view of any such move, as I would.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.