NEU 3.16% $13.18 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

Somewhat off topic but I started listening to the latest Joe...

1. 968 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 355
    Somewhat off topic but I started listening to the latest Joe Rogan Podcast this morning with Calley and Casey Means - absolutely fascinating but at the same time very, very scary - but that's not material to this forum.

Of relevance though were some of the statistics she quotes early in the discussion, wherein she notes that 1 in 36 children in the USA have Autism. She then goes on to say that in California, 1 in 22 children has a Neurodevelopmental disorder and its getting worse. She also talks about the rapid increase in prevalence of neurodegenerative disorders.

It has been discussed on the forum previously and I have even posted about it, but it really is quite astounding to consider the opportunity that exists for Neuren with 2591 if we or any potential acquirer choose to explore its efficacy in non-orphan indications and/or neurodegenerative conditions.

One of the questions I asked during the webinar was why they sought a patent for Autism, when the focus is on Orphan indications. I think JP's answer was honest and forthright, but I also think it showed the pragmatic, commercial understanding that Autism is definitely a significant selling point and value driver for any Big Pharma's that are looking at us, even if it is not something we pursue directly.

I wonder whether we are doing the early stage work in Autism Spectrum and Autism Related Disorders, proving that 2591 treats the same range of symptoms, irrespective of the underlying pathology, and leaving it to Big Pharma to do the heavy lifting in relation to the non-orphan conditions.

An interesting thought experiment and one perhaps something that the more technical posters could model much more accurately - If you were to expand the use of 2591 to Autism, Neurogenerative conditions like Alzheimers and general cognition, including concussion/TBI, at penetration rates of 30%, 30% and 5% respectively, whilst reducing the annual cost of the drug to just $5k, the numbers and values you come up with are absolutely absurd - genuinely boggles the mind. Even if you applied the same pricing to the Orphan conditions, the outcomes are truly astronomical!

I appreciate that this runs contrary to the stated position of the company but I do wonder whether we are going to leverage this potential in any future sale of the company - at least I hope we do.

For those interested, the clips showing the stats as referenced in the podcast can be viewed via this link.

https://x.com/vigilantfox/status/1843717457640304834?s=46&t=uFLNXLjx6DnXuSihWhVuVA
    Last edited by baldwidx: Today, 15:35

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.