NEU 3.16% $13.18 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

@Innameonly yes I hold imu since you raise it and seemingly poke...

1. 316 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 114
    @Innameonly yes I hold imu since you raise it and seemingly poke fun at it. I dont know why they advertise at the airport or what they hope to achieve, seems a bit unnecessary to me to be honest, I'd prefer they spent their money on something else. I took a smallish position earlier in the year and have been accumulating more parcels in the low 50's following further positive announcements. Truth be told, imu is a bit different to me, a lot of emotion and hope than anything else, my mum passed away from pancreatic cancer earlier this year and I came across imu around the same time. I got excited with the potential of a cure for others suffering and so it remains close to me. So to answer your question, imu slightly down for me but I remain hopeful for a cure and hopeful for my financial position with imu.

I remain committed to imu as long as the results remain sound which they seem to be, although like neu, positive releases and improving fundamentals only seem to send the shareprice backwards. So perversely I see some parallels with imu and neu's shareprice performance this year. ones down 54% and the other 47%. The difference to me though, imu is pure speculation, pre revenue and capital hungry, whereas neu is revenue producing with heaps of cash to fund growth. If imu goes belly up, well I've swung the bat and lost. I kind of expect a stock like imu to be volatile and get clobbered, its that end of the market. With imu I'm down a very low percentage, whereas with neu I'm down 47% this year but up overall as I got in pre-fda. Since you also asked, my other bio investment is bot and thats doing ok. unfortunately not in cu6, tlx or the like that have had mega runs.

I have to say, neu is and remains a massive disappointment, I think it would be hard to find a more disappointing asx bio stock this year. I continue to hold as I think stock sentiment can turn around and the neu fundamentals are sound. I do kick myself that I didnt sell some into strength like I normally do or cut when the ta told me to. Now I think it is oversold and the difference between intrinsic and shareprice value has never been greater, so I rationalise that now would be precisely the wrong time to cut, the time to cut was around the break $6-$7 ago. Many lessons for me, as although I'm up with neu since first purchase, I'm down 6 figures ytd and it hurts, 47% drop hurts real bad on a significant position for me, of course my investment is my responsibility.

I'm sorry but I dont buy the narrative that a greater than ~$1.5b drop (~ 1/2 market cap) is just a volatile market, especially when there are many bio stocks doing very well. I think neu management must shoulder some, but not all, of the responsibility in shareholder wealth destruction this year. If you think they have zero responsibility and couldnt have possibly done anything different in their approach to the market, then lets just agree to disagree.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.