NEU 0.91% $13.30 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

I can't reply to you either, JM.JM, sorry to hear about your...

1. 162 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 176
    I can't reply to you either, JM.

JM, sorry to hear about your mum. Condolences.

Your post was a really good read and made lots of valid points.

I was in IMU but got out because of the management as their words do not equate with their actions nearly all of the time. I stated on the IMU forum when I got out that I would buy back in if things changed. The straw that broke my back was the airport advertising as I could see no valid point to it except waste money. When the call went out from some on here for Neuren management to do something to save the share price I could not think of anything they could do apart from a direct financial action like a share buyback but they can't do that yet with the unknown financials. I am not sure what can be meaningfully done in a free market with a pharmaceutical company where announcements and progress come in months, not days.

Things have changed at Neuren, it isn't the flavour of the month anymore like it was back in December last year. The 4 indications are now really just 2. PMS and PHS. Angelman and PWS are not really viable in the calculations of Neuren's worth at the moment and tack that onto Daybue's supposed unblockbuster-like performance it hurts the share price. I thought the announcement on Monday was understandable from a company's point of view. Undisclosed indications need patent protection (does this mean the mouse trials have been successful or is patent protection done concurrently?), the FDA need a little more information that Neuren already has which is ok, Phase 3 trials are shorter and have fewer safety protocols which is great. However, from a market point of view, it was not compelling because it meant more wait time and the market does not like waiting (see Botanix, Dimerix) so money can be deployed elsewhere. Hell, I was amped up thinking the undisclosed indications would come straight after the FDA meeting and Neuren would be served up on a platter to anyone who wanted to buy us out. Maybe the rise in shorts told a story?

Neuren has dropped a lot and there must be plenty of people suffering who bought in at the end of last year or this year. I have averaged up as I still have a tremendous amount of belief in management. JP and co suit my mentality, I was influenced as a younger person by the book 'Good to Great' by Jim Collins and I think they sum up the values and qualities in the book perfectly. I see the world today in many areas of life full of pumpers and hollow individuals who are out to feather their own nest - I don't see that in Neuren, I think Neuren will eventually fall into the 'Great' category.

For me, 2591 is a meaningful drug, its safety and tolerability cannot be underestimated so I think it will keep delivering in the future. Therefore, the combo of management and 2591 is good enough for me, I will be patient a bit longer, easier for some than others who have been in a very long time and I do sympathise with them.... but remember Biogen bought Reata for plenty and we are not far away from being in that situation.

Good luck with your investments, JM.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.