NEU 0.10% $20.71 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

Psychology is a funny thing.If you asked 3 months before the...

1. 730 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 219

Psychology is a funny thing.

If you asked 3 months before the release of the PMS results “will they be positive”, I would have said yes, with absolute certainty. No doubt in my mind. If you asked me in the 3-4 weeks prior to the release, I would have said that I had some concerns and took every day without an announcement from the company or every negative SP movement, howsoever small, as a sign of bad news – even if it was followed by a SP increase. In the few days before the release, my mind was a blur of doubt and questions and I wondered whether I should sell my holding and take the profit I have.

When results dropped, I did find it amusing that I ever doubted the outcome because of the strength of the science and thought to myself “this won’t happen next time, I won’t let my emotions get the better of me”. Notwithstanding I had the exact same internal monologue before the release of P3 results for Trofinetide and also before FDA approval – despite being absolutely certain of the outcome when not overridden by emotion!

And so the cycle starts again. From being absolutely certain in the science and outcome, looking forward to a $15b USD sale of the company only weeks ago, I now find myself wondering whether I should sell my holding because the PH results are not going to hit the mark. The lack of formal news from the company about final dosing for Pitt Hopkins sends my lizard brain into overdrive. I know there was a reference in the annual report but what if the reference in the AP was made because results are not going to be positive and that is why there was no standalone final dosing completion announcement.

What if…What if…What if…

I won’t sell and will trust that my rationale brain made a good decision but holy smokes that Lizard voice is strong – and persistent!

While we wait (and if anyone is feeling charitable and inclined) I would welcome any tips from more seasoned investors on how to deal with that voice smile.png

Last edited by baldwidx: 02/05/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$20.71
Change
-0.020(0.10%)
Mkt cap ! $2.644B
Open High Low Value Volume
$20.90 $21.30 $20.49 $5.295M 255.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1990 $20.71

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$20.77 1051 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 22/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$20.72
  Change
-0.020 ( 0.20 %)
Open High Low Volume
$20.93 $21.30 $20.50 85334
Last updated 15.59pm 22/05/2024 ?
NEU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.