NEU 2.59% $13.56 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

I am sure that the following is obvious to many but I thought I...

1. 939 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    I am sure that the following is obvious to many but I thought I would raise to see whether people have thoughts around timing.

2591 for Fragile X is a really exciting prospect and the timing of Acadia's progression in Fragile X is particularly of interest for me.

There are obviously the directly derived monetary benefits for Neuren if 2591 gets up for Fragile X. The milestones and royalties are excellent, especially considering the size of the patient population.

Before we even get to registration though, any trial success, especially a P2 trial would surely provide another valuable string to the bow of any commercial discussions that Neuren has with potential suitors. I am not sure whether Neuren would get access to specific trial data but success in a P2 trial would surely further support the narrative that 2591 is a pipeline in a drug and add additional value, beyond the monetary value from milestones and royalties. It would add prospective treatment value, in line with the table that Hottod shared and that is of particular interest to me cause it begs the question - how many more conditions can this treat and what value do you place on unconfirmed treatment possibilities.

Which brings me to timing. Has there been any indication from Acadia around when P1 trial results for 2591 will be released? I actually did not know they were in P1 tbh but it also brings me to another question - is there a need for P1 trials in a drug that has already been tests in P1 trials in 4 other conditions. If safety and tolerability has already been established in a drug, can they move straight to P2 trials to simultaneously test safety and efficacy?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$13.56
Change
-0.360(2.59%)
Mkt cap ! $1.733B
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.94 $13.96 $13.50 $6.421M 470.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1643 $13.54

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$13.61 3100 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NEU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.