NEU 0.98% $19.50 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

Things are about to come to fruition with NNZ-2591 and all the...

1. 893 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 324
    Things are about to come to fruition with NNZ-2591 and all the signs are looking positive. It has been about 8 years since I stumbled accross Margaret Dame Brimble and her research into shellfish toxins and the spinoffs towards the brain. https://www.stuff.co.nz/science/7983929/Brain-injury-drug-developer-wins-award

The success of what I will call the preliminary drug (Trofinetide/Daybue) coming from Margarets research is on its on - outstanding.
    But what we are about to be part of with NNZ-2591 will be more than outstanding - almost incredible.

So - we have no more new news but what we do have is solid foundations and some information gleamed from meetings and research of late to whit I feel points towards the more than likely success of NNZ-2591.

You can sense the excitement and confidence from reading articles about Margaret and also statements from Neuren but this statement from years ago now still forms my solid foundations for NNZ 2591.

"Trofinetide and NNZ-2591 both originate from Dame Margaret Brimble's work in Auckland. They are analogs of two different molecules - glycine proline glutamate (GPE) and cyclic glycine proline (cGP) respectively. Each plays a role in the metabolism of IGF-1 in the brain. The desired outcome of using the power of IGF-1 in the brain is the same, but with a different mechanism to achieve it. They also have different properties as drugs, with 2591 clearly superior in a few ways."
    Jon Pilcher 19 August 2021.

Then you just have to review the interviews with Margaret following the success of Daybur earlier this year where NNZ2591 always gets a mention.
    e.g. https://www.auckland.ac.nz/en/news/2023/03/11/margaret-brimble-trofinetide-wins-FDA-approval.html

There are always doubts about trials, but the fact that there was an informal meeting with Jon Pilcher just weeks ago with the top Neuren shareholders where all parties left with smiles on their faces.... is promising in itself.

I also have discovered through my own investigation that in all trials to date - there are no side effects using NNZ-2591. That alone is huge.
    So NNZ-2591 is not only "superior" to Daybue - it also has no side effects. Wow.

Also - but for Retts and Fragile-X - Neuren owns NNZ-2591 outright. Also - although trofinetide failed with treating traumatic brain injury - it is possible that NNZ2591 might succeed.

It was a fantastic opportunity recently to buy more shares - albeit at $10.98. I was shocked that the price got as low as $10.02.

However - we are now in the leadup to the first phase 2 announcement regarding NNZ-2591 in December (not sure why some people think it is coming in November?).

The "superior dug" with no side effects is coming and this will be the making of Neuren and all of its shareholders, present and future.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$19.50
Change
0.190(0.98%)
Mkt cap ! $2.490B
Open High Low Value Volume
$19.39 $19.98 $19.38 $7.285M 370.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 7318 $19.50

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$19.52 593 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$19.55
  Change
0.190 ( 0.83 %)
Open High Low Volume
$19.41 $19.97 $19.39 83274
Last updated 15.59pm 14/06/2024 ?
NEU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.