LYC 3.39% $6.26 lynas rare earths limited

Share Prices

1. 270 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 222
    Yesterday was strange. The Australia market rose 1.4%, Hang Seng was up 2.71%, the Nikkei was up 1.57% and Lynas was down .001! Obviously someone or some company wanted Lynas to be down for some reason which to me defies logic. No one was hurt by the drop in price other than people like Australian pensioners who once hoped that Lynas would provide for them in the future. Some investor(s) roared in, drove the market down and added to the poor showing for Lynas in the last fifteen months. The number of shares traded are generally down in volume and day trading may be the only trading occurring. On 4,240,928 shares the maximum take was $4,240.93!

While it may be big money for some, I wonder if it's understood that driving a stock down has NO EFFECT on Lynas the company. After the initial purchase of the shares, the share price has no affect on the running of the company. If Lynas is priced at $0.001 per share or $1,000 per share, Lynas as a company continues operating as it did yesterday and today. Lynas gains nothing if the price goes up and loses nothing if the price goes down. But your Australian pensioners lose dreams and more when the stock price is driven down and held down as it has been the past fifteen months. Someone's parents may be suffering while captains of industry drive Lynas down for what reason I do not know. Everyone would make far more money if the price rose.

Why not decide on a price that would be considered devastating to Lynas. Make those who trade in units of one tenth of a cent (one thousandth of a dollar) feel like they're true captains of industry shorting Lynas. It must be something sitting at the club telling the guys about driving the share price down by $0.001 a share! I can't think of anything to say but WOW! They'll have crushed the dreams of pensioners and destroyed long term trading as people leave for stocks with more potential upside.

The interesting thing is that once it's done, Lynas will continue on producing REOs. The price of the stock has no affect on how the LAMP operates. In the end, continuing as we are with this low stock price only hurts the shareholders, not Lynas. Market value reflects what we as shareholders believe the company is worth. Without a doubt Sojitz and Mt Kellett value Lynas at a much greater value. But then they aren't captains of industry, are they?

The American market is up large for the second day in a row. I can hardly wait to see what the WOW factor is going to be today! The COIs (captains of industry) will probably flex some serious muscle at $-0.002! Pensioners be damned, full speed ahead!

Pity the those people holding Apple, Google or Amazon; worth a lot but having no WOW factor.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.26
Change
0.205(3.39%)
Mkt cap ! $5.841B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.18 $6.37 $6.08 $11.24M 1.789M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 6650 $6.25

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.26 13023 21
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.27pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.