A2M 1.10% $5.40 the a2 milk company limited

Share Re-purchase Plan, page-5

1. 36 Posts.
    Thank you for your considered response/comments. Far better than RandomK's "shocking use of capital" dismissal of such plans, which have been utilised by the management of a number of high-profile companies in e.g. The Fortune 500, and approved by their shareholders.

I take your valid points.

My context is in the counterbalance to shorting. I actually believe NZX needs to permit shorts as NZ retail/small investors are disadvantaged, especially with dual-listed companies eg NZ/Aust. I suggest that what we have seen in the last few days with A2m on the ASX is more than 'market' i.e. manipulation/power of big players to make their own market at the expense of mom and pop investors.

An open-ended (i.e as to time) re-purchase plan, being an available tool for a company and its shareholders/owners to use, may be beneficial. Activating it as an option would be an objective foil to shorters eg. instead of making a formal 'announcement' each time a reaction to a BAL-like event may impact perceptions or a shorting operation may be in play, a company could simply advise/make a 'lesser announcement' that it had taken the opportunity to re-purchase some of its shares. Just as you worry about a negative perception to such plans, I can see positives. Could not a dividend policy and available re-purchase plan policy exist in tandem.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add A2M (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.40
Change
-0.060(1.10%)
Mkt cap ! $3.909B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.45 $5.45 $5.32 $21.75M 4.049M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 186 $5.37

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.41 17905 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
A2M (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.