Well I spotted this garage sale when taking the dog for a walk...

1. 3,875 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 95
    Well I spotted this garage sale when taking the dog for a walk and I decided to pop in after the dogs walk as the dog knew where it was going and it was antsy to get there.
    40 minutes later with the dog satiated after lots of smells and sniffs etc I headed back and popped into the garage sale; I could of stopped the first time passing it but the dog wanted its walk and I do believe if I am going to score a find I will get it no matter what; and if someone gets a great score before me thats OK .

Entering this garage sale there were a few oldies talking and having a cuppa. They offered me a cuppa and a poece of cake; I took and cake and had a look around. it was mostly towels, linen and some crockery etc etc

I knew one of the ladies from the CWA shop as I buy soups, vegies, cakes, jams etc there regularly

I spotted some tortoise shell knitting needles and picked 5 pair up for $1.80.
    When paying and after taking another piece of cake I got to talking to the ladies and they wanted to know if I was a knitter (having a laugh).

I said no etc etc

They asked was there not anything else I was interested in and I said no.
    I asked if they has any old gardening tools, bird cages or records.
    Lo and behold there was a pile of old records in the back room going to the op shop as surely no one would buy them as there were no record players today as everything was on CD.
    I asked could I look at the records as I might buy them if interested.
    They were pretty firm they were going to the op shop but one lady said , give him a look as he is a regularly down the CWA shop

I was taken inside and there sat a milk crate full of records ( who knew a milk crate could hold so many records )

Apparently they were the garage sale ladies sons who had moved to Tassy and as far as she knew he didn't want them.

I had a look and though shit these are great

I instantly said I would give $50 for them

A bit of discussion and they took the $50 and were happy.

I paid and was persuaded to take another bit of cake and left to head home.

I am sure they were wondering what I wanted with those rubbish records; the knitting needles that knew were a bargain even though I don't knit.

The things you find in the oddest places if you just take the time to look astounds me

I am still on the lookout for Julie

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3282/3282938-c99610eb9affa3f35597b58cb160bfa9.jpg

Record list and some pics coming soon

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.