YES it is a good little op shop and no one seems to buy the arty...

1. 3,924 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 100
    YES it is a good little op shop and no one seems to buy the arty stuff that I like; but you have to go in regularly . When I am home I go in everyday and my taste is definitely eclectic.

the prices are slowly rising as some guy has opened a second hand antique shop intown and he buys stuff locally amnd marks it up hundreds of percent-and of course the locals know and prices in op shops and sales are rising!! THE B#$TARD ( OLD MOTTO---NEVER SH%T ON YOUR OWN DOORSTEP )

As far as St Vinnies is concerned they are way toooo expensive and anything I buy there would be priced low.

I don't do garage sales but when I travel if I see a op shop / sale etc I will pop in.

I don't buy to sell so inevitably I have a garage that is full of boxes that are full of STUFF smile.png.

I hate going into op shops with my wife as she spends way to much time looking at cloths etc etc ; in saying that, women get some fantastic bargains re clothing etc in op shops that men never would.

I can walk in and scan the place and be out in a minute if I see nothing interesting.

And I always ask the ladies if thee is anything out the back wink.png

Several weeks ago I was up in southern QLD and found a second hand shop; well I left with 3 boxes full of stuff costing a total of $51 ; I could hardly fit it in the car and I couldn't get out of there quick enough tongue.png Next week iIwill post pics of the items found.

Anyway below another find for $1 each , Garfield mugs still with the made in Japan sticker on bottom from my local great op shop------------

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3040/3040347-95789dd212838689237e7fbd1e3107c9.jpg

off to Canberra now---------have a great day folks.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.