GNX 1.85% 27.5¢ genex power limited

SHAREHOLDER VALUE ADDED SINCE THE AUGUST 2022 OFFER FROM SKIP CAPITAL, page-13

1. 1,367 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 426

Thanks @howiepatr16

When I first saw the announcement I was overcome with despair. For good reason. I did not have such a comprehensive list as the one you provided but I instantly knew that if the sale of Genex Power was to go ahead for 27.5 cents per share we were all losing.

Genex's true value far exceeds the current share price and it far exceeds the offer of 27.5 cents per share.

The upside soon to be realised from the significant progress made throughout all facets of the company, including the pumped hydro being brought online soon, far outweighs the risk factors remaining.

Genex management and investors will be underselling their company if they accept.

In 2 years pumped hydro will be online bringing significant windfalls and significantly improving revenue/profit streams. Genex also has significant partnerships and networks throughout Australia and globally, these are of significant value. Management experience is also of value. The prospect of leaning on these networks/relationships to develop further projects including many battery facilities is of exponential value. None of this is being appropriately valued in the current offer by J-Power.

Not to mention, Genex Power is the only pure-play renewable energy company still listed on the ASX. Once the risk of construction has gone, and debts are being eroded quarter by quarter, year by year, there will be significant retail and fund interest in owning Genex shares.
    This will ultimately result in Genex not only being fairly valued but heavily desired by retail and ethical investors alike and I can say with a high degree of certainty it is more likely that Genex will actually come to be overvalued by the market. This is when a good investor sells. This is the exit point if you want one. However, you could hold and collect dividends too.

A share price of 50 cents to $1.00+ for GNX within two years is in no way an outlandish claim when factoring in all the above.

Any investor, or management, willing to take a cheap offer now will be kicking themselves down the track. Yes, current times are hard, and inflation is high, but do not be taken for a fool and undersell your assets. I will not.

I think that while management is legally required to present offers to shareholders, they would know this. I'd bet they are working behind the scenes to rustle up other bidders or prevent the takeover from going ahead. It's only logical.

Not only is it not in the best interests of the greater majority of shareholders and management, but it is also not in the interest of the greater community and the Australian government.

I will be voting NO. And I know a significant amount of shareholders will be doing the same if it comes to that. Again, it's only logical.

J-Power is getting a bargain if the sale goes ahead, and the fact they have assisted the company/invested previously means nothing. They invested because they saw upside and each of us did the same. We all took risks with our capital. J-Power owns a portion of the company as do I, and as do many other investors.

Just because J-Power is an investor, does that mean I should sell my portion of the company for a bargain? Certainly not.

Who here is prepared to sell their portion of the company for a bargain just because it's J-Power? I hope no one.

At the very least, true value should always be the aim.

27.5 cents per share is NOT true value and I for one will not be hoodwinked.
    Last edited by Mr.Lumin: 09/03/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GNX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
27.5¢
Change
0.005(1.85%)
Mkt cap ! $380.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
27.0¢ 27.5¢ 27.0¢ $293.5K 1.082M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
22 19012538 27.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
27.5¢ 6966700 68
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GNX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.