OGX 0.00% 0.3¢ orinoco gold limited

Shareholders Group Letter, page-21

1. 28 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15

I read the blog and guess what is the conclusion.....

About an year ago I wrote the following as a answer to a group member, back there I was even attacked by some people, seems to me that my predictions were not that off. 

HI SJB,

I know that you were not critical of me, do not worry about it you seems to be a very honest person and I respect that a lot.Yes I have done some research about Orinoco and also I am a mining industry professional with the bulk of my career in operation and planning, thats the reason why I am trying to paint the right picture for you guys.

Even with comminution problems and low recovery rates on the plant, lets say 80% or 75%, if the ore was let's say 30 g/t and the plant process about 2kt month, with a mine recovery of 85% : 2000 x 30 x 0.75 x 0.85 = 38 250 grams / 31.104 = 1229 Ounces, this numbers seems to be awesome, but there a trick thing that changes everything, the dilution. If the gold vein has 10cm width and the minimum stope width for extraction is about 1.2m tall, with lets say 2.8t/m3 density rock, we will have the vein representing just 8.3% in mass of the total extracted volume, so for each tonne of material mined just 83kg of ore @ 30g/t, so calculating the total gold contained: 0.083t x 30g/t x0.75 x 0.85 = 1.59 g/t recovered per each tonne of material processed by the plant, thats the reason why I believe that the grades announced are in situ grades and not the proper mined grades. Lets put this way, IN SITU GRADES = the ore grade of the orebody before the extraction/dilution, MINED GRADE = the real ore grade of the ore after extraction with the dilution applied. Hope this answer helps to understand what could be the issue.

Thanks SJB

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OGX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.