CDU 0.00% 23.5¢ cudeco limited

Shareholders Move to Vote against Chinese Directors

1. 308 Posts.
    VIP FELLOW SHAREHOLDERS - this email received from motivated group of shareholders with suggestions how to have your say and vote to get best outcomes at upcoming CUDECO AGM - use your vote well.

Subject: CuDeco shareholders move to vote against Chinese Directors
    Fellow Shareholders:
    Historical:
    The CuDeco board is now comprised of 4 Chinese Directors and 3 Australian directors; this imbalance is a result of China Oceanwide, New Apex Asia, and Sinosteel joining forces in a coalition representing 35% of issued shares to dismiss ex-chairman Wayne McCrae through threatening to withdraw funding for the project.
    Subsequently director Gerald Lambert resigned leaving the board clearly controlled by the Chinese major shareholders. Neither McCrae nor Lambert has been replaced and this imbalance has resulted in the implementation of questionable corporate decisions and accountability, more clearly outlined at http://asxinsights.com/2015/11/cudeco-agm-voting-options-for-concerned-shareholders/
    The Board:
    If the Chairman disagreed with the majority of the board he may lose that position, and so he is obliged to be in agreement with the majority of the board. This in our opinion is reflected in the manner of how the Chairman intends to vote the UNDIRECTED proxies: The Chairman’s Vote and his use of your UNDIRECTED proxy:
    The Chairman in this case has stated he will vote FOR the re-election of the 3 Chinese directors. The opinion of our group of shareholders representing over 50,000,000 shares, is that this is a forced decision and continues the unbalanced control of the board by the coalition holding 35% of shares.
    Our Action:
    We have decided there is a need to vote against control of the Company by offshore entities and encourage your participation in this very important vote. We are appointing the Chairman as our proxy and DIRECTING our votes in the following manner: Resolutions 1&2: Vote FOR Resolutions 3,4,5 Vote AGAINST Resolution 6 Vote FOR We recommend you visit http://asxinsights.com/2015/11/cudeco-agm-voting-options-for-concerned-shareholders/ to become more fully informed of the reasons for our action.
    Your investment:
    Cudeco is an Australian Company in which you may have invested long-term. The Rocklands project has been subjected to many delays and we believe it is time to take action to ensure that the Board is properly balanced and able to adequately represent the interests of all shareholders in order that we proceed to completion of the process plant, followed by mining, production, income and dividends.
    The Proxy vote form:
    Every vote counts, your 20, 2000, or 22000 share vote will make a difference.
    Voting information has already been posted by Advanced Share Registry to the address registered in your name, which may be out of date - in which case you should update your details and request a replacement form by calling 08 9389 8033.

PROXY FORMS MAILED TO YOU FROM Advanced Share Registry Limited SHOULD HAVE YOUR NAME, ADDRESS AND HOLDER IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (HIN) ALREADY PRINTED, USE THIS FORM WHEREVER POSSIBLE.
    If you haven't received your proxy form, or have misplaced it you can ask Advanced Share Registry
    (08 9389 8033) to email you a replacement - in which case you should have for reference all Holder Identification Numbers (HIN) applicable to your account(s). Your HIN number(s) are available from previous correspondence from Advanced Share Registry Limited and also from your share trading facility or broker.

IF YOU HAVE VOTED ALREADY AND WISH TO CHANGE THE VOTE YOU ARE ENTITLED TO DO SO SIMPLY BY SUBMITTING A NEW PROXY FORM WHICH IS AVALIABLE BY PHONING THE REGISTRY ON 08 9389 8033. THE FINAL VOTE SUBMITTED IS THE ONE WHICH IS COUNTED.
    You may be associated with other shareholders, or have family members who are shareholders. In that event we encourage you to on-forward this information and request.
    If you are unsure of how to fill out the proxy form please refer to the second of the attachments. Please send in your proxy vote early - even if you intend going to the AGM. Votes MUST be received at the address supplied 48 hours before the commencement of the meeting. Should you require further information please contact us by email at the following address:
    [email protected]
    Commonly asked questions:
    What do I do to DIRECT my vote?

Place a tick in the box of your choice. This is regardless of who you appoint as your proxy.
    Can I change my vote?
    Yes.
    If you have submitted a vote already and you wish to change it, simply ask Advanced Share registry to email you a new form. Be sure that any subsequent proxy form will arrive (by post or fax) at the CuDeco office before 10:30 on the 10th of December.
    Do I have to use the form with my printed details on it provided by Advanced Share Registry?
    No. You can download and print a generic form from the AGM Notice http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20151116/pdf/4330ckv4chtjvk.pdf
    ---OR you can use the generic proxy form contained at the end of the electronic version of this letter. Use of the generic form will require you to place your HIN number, account name and address on the form. Your HIN number(s) are available from previous correspondence from Advanced Share Registry Limited and also from your share trading facility or broker. Please be sure to sign and date the form.
    Am I required to vote as suggested by this communication?
    No. Your vote is your choice. We are voting in the manner shown because we believe that is for the good of the future of the company.
    I haven’t received my proxy form. What do I do?
    Your address is likely incorrect. Please call Advanced Share Registry on 08 9389 8033. You can also use a generic proxy form as observed above.
    Do I have to go to the AGM to vote?
    No. Your proxy vote form must be in the hands of the company 48 hours before the meeting, for it to be counted. Please be certain to get your form in early.
    I am not going to the AGM. Can I appoint someone as my proxy?
    Yes
    . Your choice of proxy is made on the form. Generally people choose the Chairman of the Meeting (usually the Chairman of the Board) as their proxy and DIRECT the chair how to vote, this instruction is made by marking the voting form in the manner of your vote whether it be for, against, or abstain.
    If the Chairman is voting FOR the Chinese directors why would I appoint him my proxy?
    The Chairman only votes UNDIRECTED votes FOR the resolutions. If you DIRECT the chairman how to vote by placing a mark in the ‘FOR’, ‘AGAINST’, or ‘ABSTAIN’ box, your vote is counted in the manner you direct.
    What happens if I don’t place a mark in the for, against or abstain boxes on the form?
    In this case your vote will be counted as being in favour of ALL resolutions including the re-election of all directors.

We are not associated with Cudeco limited other than as concerned shareholders, nor are we funded in any way by any person or entity.
    A generic proxy form indicating the manner in which we have voted or intend to vote, and how to fill in a downloaded generic form is shown on the next page.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.