WOW 0.00% $34.64 woolworths group limited

Shareprice, page-12

1. 10,721 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1407
    I don't share your optimism with regard to 'an end to supply chain issues'.

Even for products manufactured in Oz, many suppliers rely upon ingredients or packaging that may be partly or wholly imported.

For example, I hold shares in small Shepparton-based manufacturer PTL that makes Country Life soap, Jiffy Firelighters and much loved White King bleaches and cleaning products. The last two are often #1 in their category despite competition from multinationals or WOW house brands.

When coronavirus commenced, PTL ramped up production of White King but for a while its supplies of the special red caps (made in Italy) looked shaky.

Container shipping delays of between nine days and three weeks or more have not improved. Compare the schedules of carriers such as Maersk or Japanese-owned ONE (Ocean Network Express) with the 'blank sailings' (a week missed), missed port calls (often Melbourne or Sydney dropped of the three east coast port calls timetabled, meaning containers sit on the wharf waiting for another ship, or occasionally are landbridged by rail between state capitals) and threats of industrial action by MUA/CFMMEU to QUB-50 per cent owned Patricks' terminals.

I sold my WOW a few weeks ago but wasn't doing so due to the above. Fundamentally it's a great business but I perceived the SP was overvalued.
    Last edited by Hopeful9: 15/01/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WOW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$34.64
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $42.31B
Open High Low Value Volume
$34.50 $34.72 $34.38 $64.25M 1.858M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2182 $34.61

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$34.65 10500 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WOW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.