ASX 0.69% $60.10 asx limited

shares drop 30 percent and banks not safe

1. 17,117 Posts.
    australian shares are expected to fall another 30% this year......most fund managers agree..........but they do not appear to have factored in the massive cost of emissions trading.......which others agree will force a reduction in our exports...other countries will not pay the extra cost imposed by australia.....they will deal with other less expensive countries..........

and an interesting article at the weekend,about australian banks...........each of the big four have a huge exposure in each other.........so that if one bank has large problems...it will affect the other 3 in a big way........our banks no longer hold govt bonds....of sufficient size to use as a back up, if something went wrong.......will it fall on us taxpayers to bail them out....ie the govt will have to bail them out

so in summary all 3 traditional asset classes...shares, cash and realestate are all expected to drop at the same time........almost unheard of in history.......massive amounts of money has been taken from the market and sitting in deposits at the banks.........
    and to top it off, only australians will have to pay enormous increased costs for everything with the DUDD emissions trading scheme.........no wonder a lot are feeling depressed........
    and my prediction is the stock market will fall further due to ETS......, we will have a bank disaster, BUT then where will all the smart money go to.........??????
    no where to hide ???
    ps....must be more bargains out there in resi land...due to banks foreclosing....and number of foreclosures are up 50% in WA alone.....so there must be some lucky buyers getting good bargains at a very cheap cost ........and I bet none of our resident hc property detractors have seen this as an opportunity.........they are waiting for it to drop further
    cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.