LYC 1.61% $6.12 lynas rare earths limited

Am in the US holding some Lynas sponsored ADR (LYSDY) and a lot...

1. 997 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    Am in the US holding some Lynas sponsored ADR (LYSDY) and a lot of LYSCF shares.

Got a very small credit amount referencing LYSDY last week, I thought nothing of it at first. Then I got curious and asked my discount broker the purpose of the transaction .... and part of the reply received today, was

"Thank you for your inquiry. I can confirm that credit was a sale of rights distribution. The company held a rights offering for the owners of the foreign ordinary shares, but those holding the ADR (LYSDY) were not made eligible. The company therefore sold the amount of rights you would have been due and credited you with the proceeds. The rate per share was $0.000557."

(In US currency of course) Wonder who bought those shares ..... and if LYSDY shareholders are not eligible why didn't they just not issue any for the number of Lynas Oz shares representing those LYSDY shares ??? Don't they keep track ?? (Am just a regular SH that do not dabble in anything beyond a straightforward buy and sell ..so maybe ...Lynas had to do it for all outstanding shares .....) Also wonder what happened to the rights for LYSCF shares ...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.12
Change
-0.100(1.61%)
Mkt cap ! $5.725B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.12 $6.21 $6.09 $10.30M 1.680M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
34 27146 $6.11

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.12 9797 15
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.35pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.