sharesight...

1. 2,224 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43

Hi...

I joined Sharesight thinking it was going to be so simple to keep track of transactions as well as provide tax reports etc.

I joined this through CMC.

Is it me or what...?? I find it frustrating as one cannot make a phone call to query anything. This must be why it is a very reasonably priced service. It all sounds great but I have had headache after headache trying to figure out how it works.

For example. Through CMC I made an off-market transfer of shares from one portfolio (private) to another (SMSF) in May this year. I held this share in both portfolios but wanted to consolidate them all into SMSF. As it currently stands under my CMC 'Holdings' it is showing 200,000 odd shares in SMSF and nil in private portfolio (this is correct). However, in my Sharesight accounts, the private portfolio is showing that I still have 100,000 odd shares, whilst in the SMSF account, it is showing I have none at all, so I am approximately 100,000 shares down in Sharesight and not in the correct account.

OK, it is probably me but I really must be missing something here. When a transaction takes place it is automatically recorded in Sharesight. Why not the off-market transfer through CMC?

What are other's experience with Sharesight?

The area of trading I have the most difficulty with is recording. I thought all my Christmases had come at once when I first discovered Sharesight.

Of course this was exacerbated by the fact that I brought my SMSF portfolio over from Comsec (cheaper brokerage with CMC plus I found at times of high market activity I often could not get onto Comsec - I had been with Andrew West initially - the good old days imo) however, the
    history did not follow so at some stage I will have to go back and enter every missing buy transaction, etc. manually. My mind goes absolutely blank at the prospect of trying to sort this all out.

Cheers...
    Cazzex

(This is probably a product that others find fulfils their needs; however, as I have alluded to many times on HC, I am no techhead when it comes to computing....I cannot even do Excel spreadsheets....maybe I'll get there one day....??!!)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.