PEK 0.00% 20.8¢ peak rare earths limited

shaw stockbroking annoncement, page-58

1. 89 Posts.
    Nihilism, all fair points, well researched and backed up, tu from me.

As you mentioned it is a speculative stock, a crystal ball would certainly be really handy in the future to see what entry price " did" represent good value, but we are all punters to even be in the spec stocks, so I think we are all betting on positive news.

After more metallurgical results, the next big moves should come from a scoping study followed by a feasibility study which will certainly derisk the stock IMHO .

All that being said, at the moment we are all concentrating ( pardon the pun) on the REE story, but with the tantalum and niobium, phosphate PEAK has at Ngulla as well, I tend to look at this play as a well hedged spec.

The forecasts for the above mentioned minerals all seem relatively bullish, so that 'derisks' the company in my eyes anyway.

Personally IMO I only attribute 60-70% of the sp to the REE. AH has always been excited when referring to the tantalum aspect at AGO' s and other events. Therefore if my rudimentary evaluation is near the mark, possibly refer to the sp as being 30-35c at the moment if it is just a REE punt you are after. Obviously usual disclaimers DYOR etc.

Can you also clarify one thing for me? You mentioned that a 2 stage process to concentrate, then refining would make it a "higher capital cost already than LYC and MCP". I am not fully conversant with their processes, but it is my understanding that LYC concentrate at MT Weld and then ship to Malaysia to refine. Given that we are not yet sure of the metallurgy, how can it be said that is already more expensive?

I am not baiting at all, I am genuinely interested in the process costings which you seem very well researched in, and I am " time poor" with my work, so limited time to research myself.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $55.28M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.8¢ 20.8¢ 20.8¢ $232 1.118K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1996 20.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.0¢ 42810 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.09pm 03/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PEK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.