GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

great post lokithe black swan pokes it's head up in articles...

1. 1,937 Posts.
    great post loki

the black swan pokes it's head up in articles from time to time, mostly without specific reference. unfortunately the noise of doom and gloom is so much in your face these get drowned out.

in the end though, the planning for such events is happening I am convinced of it.

inventory stockpiling of commodities, purchasing tangible assets, possession of material goods are all common objectives that suit many scenarios.

economies with cash are always in a position to better insulate themselves from mahy of the possibilities listed within you're post.

people have to accept the credibility behind what they are seeing happen and hearing.

filtering the noise is nearly impossible to do in the first instance. then having the faith in your beliefs and sometimes standing alone to do so is next to impossible.

cb, you are spot on.

I'll use the coal stocks as one perfect example - in mar09 with market prices down, doom and gloom, dirty technology, sustainability, carbon trading, CO2 reduction etc etc. You might be forgiven for thinking the end was nigh for coal and who would risk buying into these at ANY point in time.

the reality is that coal prices were down, but the world's insatiable appetite for coal meant china MORE THAN picked up where japan and asia declined. net result was income increased on the back of better than 140% increase in output. coal stocks were among the better performers in the recovery IN SPITE OF all the negativity. CEY GCL FLX NEC to name a few.

one of our biggest dangers is what could china be steeling itself against? ... or is it simply building itself a base from which to kickstart the new year in style?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.