QAN 0.68% $5.85 qantas airways limited

sheldon sacks nearly a quarter of own staff!, page-3

1. 793 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Bossdog,

Good to see you posting with full vigour and enthusiasm re the flying rat. I have to take you to task though, A. Joyce is the king of the "do as I say, not as I do" mantra. Seems like only yesterday that he made 1000 staff redundant and is now refusing pay rises of around 3%, all at the same time that he was awarded a 71% pay increase and other executive management was handed 62% increases. And you want to talk about double standards?????

One other post of interest, some of you may recall Mr. Joyce quoted in the media (with his own lips) that on an hourly rate, some pilots earned more than him. Well I have done the maths on that one and unless my calculations are out, this would be an impossibility.i.e. If you average out Mr. Joyce's salary at $5million/year, his hourly rate comes out at $573/hour (approx) using the basis that there is 8760 hours in a year. If using a very generous $300,000/year for a pilot, that equates to just $34.24 an hour. I understand that neither would work the full 8760 hours in the year but this figure is used to get an hourly rate comparison.

Anyone who bought that comment (re hourly pay scales) when it was made by Mr. Joyce in the media a while ago is absolutely naive and gullible.

Surfrat.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.85
Change
-0.040(0.68%)
Mkt cap ! $9.532B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.84 $5.91 $5.84 $38.05M 6.494M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 22710 $5.85

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.86 26030 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.