NXS 3.64% 28.5¢ next science limited

More snippets to support my hunch...Prelude to be Shell’s first...

1. 374 Posts.
    More snippets to support my hunch...

Prelude to be Shell’s first FLNG project

Thursday, 3 July 2008
    Bevis Yeo

SHELL’s first floating liquefied natural gas facility may be heading to Australia when it is completed, according to PNN’s sources.

The Anglo-Dutch Supermajor is said to be planning to use the 3.5 million tonne per annum facility to develop its Prelude field in the Browse Basin, which has 2.5-3 trillion cubic feet of gas and about 120 million barrels of condensate.

Development plans are believed to include a tie-in from Crux where Shell has – under an agreement with Nexus Energy – a 100% interest in the gas rights from 2020 or when the Crux liquids-stripping project has concluded.

This will add roughly 2Tcf to the reserves available to Shell, while the area around Crux is likely to yield additional reserves of about 1Tcf.

Shell’s interest in using FLNG for Prelude is not new, with Royal Dutch Shell executive director gas and power Linda Cook telling journalists on the sidelines of the APPEA 2008 Conference in April that Prelude’s size and its 400km distance from shore made it a good candidate for floating LNG.

The move towards FLNG also opens up development options for Shell, which has in recent months being building up its Australian gas portfolio with an eye on LNG.

In February the company bought three offshore permits – WA-384-P, WA-385-P, WA-394-P – in Western Australia’s southern Exmouth Sub-basin from the Albers Group of Companies.

Shell Development Australia chief operating officer Chris Gunner had said then that Shell was committed to growing its Australian portfolio through exploration for gas.

He added that Australia was well placed to supply LNG into the growing Asia Pacific market.

Good Luck.... SharpE

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NXS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
28.5¢
Change
0.010(3.64%)
Mkt cap ! $83.26M
Open High Low Value Volume
27.5¢ 28.5¢ 26.5¢ $50.38K 184.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 6191 26.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
28.5¢ 12524 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NXS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.