WDS 2.35% $26.12 woodside energy group ltd

Shell wants out?, page-4

1. 5,227 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 146
    I picked this up from The Australian yestererday

"Credit Suisse analyst Mark Samter said time would tell whether and when a block sale came.
    He said delaying it did neither party any favours, with the overhang seen as a negative for Woodside shares.
    “With Woodside having held up well versus oil’s decline, we wouldn’t be hanging around to place the block,” Mr Samter said.
    “Frankly, for Woodside too, the best thing that can happen is to rip the band aid off and move on.”

The article is suggesting that a block sale would occur sooner rather than later. I can see three things to note
    1. All LT shareholders should be grateful that the buyback at $36 proposed by WPL was rejected. The cash on the bal sheet has been a huge positive to WP, not to mention that WPL would have paid too much for the Shell stake.
    2. It could be two or 3 block sales. Moving that number of shares in one sale in Aust could be difficult for most funds to be able to manage. I am expecting a number of small block sales, each less than 5%. (Unless a hedge fund decides to take a position)
    3. When a sale does occur, the WPL share price will probably drop to be close to the price that the block trade occurred at.

I have become convinced that my previous post was wrong.

HT1

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$26.12
Change
0.600(2.35%)
Mkt cap ! $49.59B
Open High Low Value Volume
$26.08 $26.19 $25.95 $181.1M 6.792M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 13831 $26.11

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$26.13 800 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WDS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.