AOE 0.00% $4.68 arrow energy limited

shell's intentions for arrow

1. 8,545 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2813
    I was contemplating where Shell would sit in AOE scheme of things, once the PES takeover is finalised.
    I have not ascertained whether Shell already has a s/h in AOE, but if it is below 5% then they do not have to announce it.
    I would be surprised if they did not already have a s/h in Arrow.
    Shell has 14.88% or 13.887m shares in PES.
    PES Options of 32m expire Dec 08 - so add to Ords of 93.3m gives total PES Ords of 125.3m.
    Arrow has about 703.3m Ords currently I think.
    Takeover of PES by Arrow provides for 1.21 Arrow shares for each PES share, so there will be 151.6m new AOE shares issued to PES s/h.(125.3m x 1.21 = 151.6m).
    Of these, Shell will get 16.8m new AOE shares (13.887m x 1.21 = 16.8m new AOE shares).
    AOE expanded capital will be existing ord shares of 703.3m plus 151.6m new shares which equals 854.9m.

Therefore Shell will have almost 2% of the AOE expanded capital (16.8m / 854.9m x 100).

That's a rough calculation.
    But if Shell already has a holding in AOE, then Shell could potentially be close to up to 7% maybe.
    anyway, once the new AOE shares are allotted to Shell as a result of the PES takeover, they will have to announce it to ASX if their holding exceeds 5% of AOE.

When Shell agreed to sell their PES shares into the PES takeover they would have had to make a conscious decision as to whether they wanted AOE scrip.
    They obviously decided they DID want AOE scrip.

IMHO that indicates that Shell would be a very likely bidder for AOE, particularly if they already had a good starting shareholding in Arrow.

That's got to be good for AOE share price !?

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AOE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.