SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

SHG Value, page-132

1. 4,679 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    Hector, I don't think it's a nasty sentiment. Brad makes a very good point about some people constantly look for others to blame for their problems. It is prevalent throughout society.

Investing is a risky business. Running a company is a risky business. If there was certainty in life then rewards would be minimal. That can be traced back to basic economics. Business/Investing is no more than putting to use productive capacity built up over time. At a macro level for one segment/area/niche/company to grow above average there has to be another that will fail. Everything out performing at the same time is impossible.

So back to SGH, yes it is becoming evident that serious misjudgement took place by management and their advisers. Was it deliberate, I don't think so; was it reckless, with hindsight yes it was. Nobody forces anyone to invest, the opportunity is there and the risk is also there. Of course management would be bullish, it is managements job to believe in their decisions and capability, otherwise decion making makes no sense. That doesn't guarantee success any more than any other person taking a course of action expecting to be successful.

Far better to channel energy into the future than continuously blame and look for retribution from somebody else for what was a personal decision to invest.

Ever notice how the most successful people in life generally are positive and look forward, creative, learn and spend little energy on has beens.

Good luck all, opportunities are everywhere, just manage risk exposure.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.