SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

SHG Value, page-80

1. 4,719 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 559
    Very good HK and you and quite a few others have called it entirely correctly (sans schadenfreude and in the face of SWC's and Krispy's ridiculous and juvenile upramps) on its final descent into the abyss.

Hopefully some listened and minimised their losses. Even now, I have no idea why holders don't sell and salvage at least something. If they love the Co. so much they can always buy back in later on. I suppose it depends on the size of one's stake and if you have pretty much lost it all anyway or if you only have two and sixpence in there (SWC?) I guess you can afford to be braggadocio. But why suck new people in?

I also noted SWC's recent comment about "not insolvent" to another poster so I had a look at the auditors' report as contained in the annual report announcement dd 31/10/17.
    The annual report is a scary thing to read. The Chairman's report is an exercise in embarrassment - he must have cringed when he signed it.

But back to the auditors and the question of insolvency/going concern.

They lead with "Material Uncertainty Related to Going Concern". There is at least one redundant Capital in there but maybe that was a Freudian slip.

Its an unusually long report but the gist of the going concern section is that without:
    1) the support of the lenders and
    2) the recap going ahead
    SGH is not a going concern
    I.e its Insolvent
    So with no lenders support and/or no recap VA follows (they didn't say that bit - thats my conclusion)

Good luck to all holders.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.