GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Shifting momentum, page-96

1. 1,658 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2879
    Glad it stacks up with your research too shades.

From what I've read so far SDV has good access to transport road and shipping. There are improvements being made at present to rail too which should make it even easier.
    The Argentinian govt is spending 16b on road and rail in the area at the moment, largely because it wants to improve the infrastructure for the lithium companies.
    Supply chain wise I'm not sure why that would present any particular issue. it may even work out much cheaper, as its unlikely that we'd be bringing anything over from Australia, except possibly management team.

Financially it would make huge sense to reinvest in capacity - which is basically more ponds and pipes. Sure spodumene plants are cheap and cheerful but its brine that is the backbone of current supply and it will outperform and outlast the hard-rock - just as it did with Lithium Boom Mk1 when most miners went to the wall.

Ideally we'd supply US clients with the carbonate ( or a special one in particular) and the proximity would be a huge advantage. Some of the established brine plants are locked into long term offtake deals and have not benefitted as much as they should have from the rising prices. We'd be bringing gigafactory sized supply at a time when there are more and more battery plants opening.

Industrial equipment and plant is now much easier to bring into Argentina as they've swept away a lot of the taxes and tariffs that applied to import of industrial goods, and removed a 5% levy that applied to lithium in particular.

I found and linked an old mining book in one of my posts that had a lot of cool historical chemistry and mining info on the salars. I'll have to dig it up and screenshot the pages on Salar del Hombre Muerto (the name of the area) and Sal de Vida in particular. Really glowing reports. Low magnesium contamination, high li content. The best of the best.

Pretty weird that Salt of Life is located on the Salts of the Dead Man.

I don't know enough about POSCO - other than they've been at it for ages researching their process at test plant sizes. We'll see which way Anthony Tse is headed very soon. SdV has been on the books for ages and they should have very advanced plans by now with this second DFS.

Good luck to all of us

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.