MGX 4.84% 32.5¢ mount gibson iron limited

Ship tracking thread - only. Reading is optional, page-356

1. 1,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 341
    "It will likely be the sea wall (hanging wall) that will limit the depth that the ore can be exploited"

Hi Travvo

The seawall is not the hanging wall.

The hanging wall is the wall opposite the sea wall, on the northern side of the mine.

It has been stated in a number of reports that the hanging wall is the main factor in determing how deep they can go (not the seawall).

The seawall is not moveable.

The hanging wall is moveable, as Peter Kerr demonstrated already by shaving 5 degrees off it 2 years ago he moved the base of the hanging wall a further 15 metres to the north, which has allowed access to two 30 metre wide high grade stikes which is what we are currently mining.

It has also been stated in a number of reports that the mine has been modelled to 215 metres below sea level.

It has taken 64 years, since mining began in 1959, to get to the current depth of 125 metres . . . so a very long way to go to get down to 215 metres.

Since the mid 1950's there have been 50 km of holes drilled and assays recorded, The majority of these holes are well over 200 metres deep.

There is zero mention in any report of using any other mining technique other than continuing the use of an excavator (backhoe) to extract ore.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.