GBG 0.00% 2.9¢ gindalbie metals ltd

shipping signals, page-40

1. 912 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    Perhaps there is some truth to the rumour that they are no longer shipping MGX ore.

Interesting to note they have maintained a shipping rate equivelant to 10mtpa since early october. Previously it was 7mtpa

They aren't making 68% fe magnetite shipments because there is no ASX announcement. I'm sure that if you asked they will tell you they will make an asx announcement if they ever ship >68%.

Still, 10mtpa without any MGX ore would be a 4mtpa increase in production. The question is how. It isn't 68% magnetite so there are 3 possible remainders.

1. Shine ore (would have expected an announcement again)
    2. Increased DSO production or reduced quality limitation for shipments.
    3. Increased <68% Fe magnetite production.

Strangely, I consider myself to suffer from a serious ase of optimism bias and thus am discounting option 2 solely based on my bias nature. Assuming my optimisim is correct then I think they might be up to like 6mtpa un rate of 62% fe magnetite and thus almost cash flow neutral. then again, 6mtpa of 62% and 4mtpa of low grade DSO is about $1 billion in revenues while costs are about $1.1billion annualised so perhaps I am too optimistic. Still, at least shipping has ramped up in volume for the first time in a year.

I guess we should expect increased volumes without the ability to deliver 68% in next weeks AGM announcement. It'll be interesting to see how the market views this progress. Increased volumes are good for the bottom line and progress must be occuring but a failure to deliver any 68% ore shipments is a real issue. One that may have deeper roots than we would like. I just hope this increase in production isn't associated to their focusing on mining of low weight recovery ore. or option 2....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GBG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.